El-Mor performed the electrical work at the Agan Chemicals power plant, a combined cycle power plant located in Ashdod and powered by natural gas with diesel fuel as backup, with a production capacity of 55 MW.
The plant structure features a General Electric gas turbine and Siemens steam turbines, and in addition, electrical work was carried out in peripheral units, consisting of:
- Water treatment systems
- Cooling towers
- Power distribution buildings
- GIS – gas isolated system
- Emergency diesel generator-sets
- Battery and UPS rooms
El-Mor acted as the plant’s prime electrical contractor and carried out the following work:
- Manufacturing and installing electrical switchboards
- Installing electrical conduits, metal trays and ladders
- Laying down cables (HV, MV, LV and VLV)
- HV, MV and LV cable terminators and connections
- Installing emergency generator-sets
- Connecting UPS and DC systems and battery rooms
- Performing lab tests for cables, transformers and other electrical components
- Balance of plant
- Outdoor and indoor lighting systems
Performing work for Agan Chemicals Power Plant 161 KV substation.
In this project, El-Mor performed electrical work in the 161 KV substation and connected it to the utility grid.
The work included:
- Manufacturing, installing and wiring AC, DC and protection switchboards.
- Supplying and installing DC system, including converters and battery room
- Installing and connecting HV and MV switching equipment
- Installing and connecting 75 MVA transformer
- HV voltage connection to power grid
The work was carried out during: 2014-2015